BGA Components Reballing:Safe BGA Reballing & Repair
Retronix Offers The Safest BGA Reballing Method
Retronix offers laser reballing as part of its IC Rescue process. Laser reballing minimises and localises heat transfer to the IC providing a 'reflow-less' manufacturing process.
Click on the picture to view a short video explaining Retronix BGA reballing.
Component manufacturers specify NO MORE THAN 3 REFLOW CYCLES for their components, so this laser process enables our customers to meet this requirement.
- Each sphere is individually reflowed, generating minimal thermal stress
- Normal reballing involves a full reflow cycle
- Laser reballing is carried out in a nitrogen atmosphere
- Process is carried out in a cleanroom environment
- Process is totally repeatable, and contains no risk in terms of component damage through thermal stress
This has involved a huge investment in process capability, but it has allowed Retronix to become the world’s no.1 safe component recovery company.
To see the process in depth, please view our BGA reballing video.